Friday, January 20, 2012

MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15

This is my current foundation, which replaced my Revlon Colourstay, the foundation I've used since  I began wearing make-up, which is unbelievable! I purchased the lightest shade at the mac counter, I'm impressed by Mac's colour range, though they aren't as all-encompassing as Illamasqua's skin range. The shade I have is NC15, which has yellow undertones. I think I would personally be more suited to an NW foundation, and as I think this product is good enough to buy again, I'll put up a review of both the NW and NC to compare at some point!

Remember when you're at a makeup counter, you know yourself and your skin better than anyone, so if you think something doesn't look right, make sure you tell them! Another tip, the lights that are used at make-up counters will illuminate your face brilliantly, which will make your foundation look gorgeous of course, but always test the product away from light before you buy to check the colour match!



Keep reading for more!


                                        



My camera had made the foundation colour look a lot more vivid and contrasting with my skin tone,  but I can assure you, the foundation is less yellow than it appears here, and the inside of my arm is a few shades paler than my face, so all is well. The last image is the foundation blended into the skin. Absolutely seamless!

Overall, the coverage is medium. It most definitely covers, but enough without looking too unnatural and cake-ish. This foundation with the combination of the Mineralise Skinfinish will give you a lovely glow rather than a full matte face. Why I use this, and love using this, is because it is suited to my skintone specifically. If you have oily skin, this will work tremendously for you! Those with dryer skin, I would look at a sheerer foundation (NARS Sheer Glow is often the first point of call when I think "soft and sheer") But if you would like a higher coverage that lasts all day, then you must give try this foundation

One thing I do not like about this foundation is the smell. To me, it smells a little like sunscreen, probably due to the SPF products that are inside. For the quality of this foundation, I can easily put that aside, but it will be quite noticeable when you first begin using the product. Especially if you're used to using something gorgeously sweet like the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum!

You can apply liquid foundation with either a synthetic foundation brush or a buffer brush (or with fingers, if you like!). Depending on your coverage preferences, it is entirely up to you. With the foundation brush, you will get a fuller coverage, with the buffer brush, you will get a sheerer coverage that blends into the skin. I prefer the latter, as I find flat foundation brushes to allow the foundation to sit like a heavy layer on top of the skin.


This is now my go-to foundation, so I will definitely buy it again! :)

4 comments:

  1. nice post:) keep up the great work!

    xoxo-Laila

    http://townhousepalette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got matched to NC25 when I'm a NC20. So close! I have so many colorstay foundations but studio fix has a lighter feel with the amazing coverage.


    I was given a NW concealer and it was pretty dark/nude. So I can't wait to see the review! So curious if I should switch over since NC can be too yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite excited :) There is so much foundation in that one little bottle! I don't know how long it will take to run out, hopefully it is soon so I can see if the predictions are right!

    ReplyDelete