Saturday, January 7, 2012

MAC Paint Pot in 'Rubenesque'






MAC's Rubenesque Paint Pot is a golden champagne shimmery colour.

Keep reading for more swatches!



 Okay, straight up I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS. look at the colour! wowowow. Someone asked me the other day what the texture of a paint pot was like, and for those who would like to know, it has a thick creamy consistency, similar to concealer. This product is quite sheer, more so than other MAC paint pots.. it's a shame it's not more pigmented because it would be great on its own. Probably the only downfall I've found so far. I was quite intrigued with the rose undertone and how it would work. So here I applied a gold eyeshadow on top of Rubenesque. 



On the left is a gold eye shadow without a base, and on the right is the gold with Rubenesque as a base. You can see how much that ANY base really shows how much intensity you can get out of a product. Rubenesque will definitely give your eyeshadow a warmer tone. This paint pot is really great as a base to neutrals, browns and golds. It also has an insanely longer staying power, Pretty damn awesome hey?

Only downfall I would say is if you'd like to wear Rubenesque by itself it takes quite a lot of product to build up to what it is in the pot.  I definitely wouldn't wear this one alone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment