Saturday, April 7, 2012

Illamasqua Kontrol Lipstick



After a whole year of fantasising about this lipstick and never being able to get it, Kontrol is finally mine! :') Every time I've gone to buy it was always conveniently out of stock, not available, the only thing left being testers. Now the quest for this lipstick is finally over!

Read for more!




When the MUA gave me this shiny little lipstick box my eyes grew bigger than my head. I can't express to you enough how happy I was!


Kontrol is described as 'Blue Violet' on Illamasqua's official website. I would say that is pretty accurate description of the colour. Definitely very blue based. It's an opaque matte texture, as per usual with most of Illamasqua's lip products. A plus! Kontrol is softer and less dry than their other lipsticks.. but you have to be as critical as possible to get the perfect line. It's just not a colour you can quickly apply before you go out, unfortunately. But for most, I'm sure the time spent on accuracy is worth it for the perfect violet lips.

Some awesome information I found out about Illamasqua: I'm aware there are a variety of textures, but most of their shades are matte, lack any sheerness and are extremely pigmented. Reason: Illamasqua is a brand designed for the make-up artist. They assume that by giving the base shades, with as much quality as possible, we are able to create any look possible. With a matte shade, it gives us the option to add shimmer from another product, or create sheerness with a light hand. As one would say, better too much than too little. They give is the biggest amount, and we choose the intensity. This isn't to say that by buying Illamasqua it becomes more work for yourself. Rather, they are supporting creativity, giving you a push to use your own to create whatever you desire.

BUT... onto a sadder note. I really wasn't cool with the fact that upon first opening, the lipstick had significant pressure marks and was partially split at the base.  I'm not sure what Illamasqua's return policy is like but I'm not sure I'd send this back despite the wear, after how long it took me to get. I noticed that their tester for Kontrol had split at the base as well.. which leads me to believe that it could be the lipstick formulation itself. If you have any idea, send me a comment below! :)


In love... such a unique colour!

1 comment:

  1. i just checked my kontrol which also journeyed from syd to adl and no cracks or splits here. i know that flare, the neon orange, had major base-breakage issues though!

    ReplyDelete