Friday, March 23, 2012

Illamasqua Apocalips Lipstick

As promised, I present to you another Illamasqua related post, this time on the lipstick 'Apocalips'. If you saw my lost post on Illamasqua, I mentioned them to be quite an avant-garde brand of make-up. Apocalips definitely doesn't disappoint. It is a new colour from the Human Fundamentalism collection, and it's TEAL. It's completely true to it's colour, it's not an off green or a sky blue, it is a perfectly true teal with a matte finish. 

Read for more!


Again, the packaging for Illamasqua lipsticks isn't the most desired for some but it's square bottom allows you to prop it upright with enough support. I love it! it's so sleek and sophisticated and I could just envisage sitting in 1920's chicago underground jazz bar and whipping this lipstick out. I'm sure I can vouch for you all when I say that little 'pop' sound when opening is so damn satisfying.





So, moving onto the colour... there are no lies or deceit packaged into that little lipstick tube. When you twist it open, the lipstick is a pure teal, when you swatch it, it is a pure teal and when you apply it, it is a pure teal. The matte finish is quite drying but it doesn't drag uncomfortably across the lips, the bonus to this texture is it stays put! But what a name.. Apocalips, Apocalypse.. APOCALIPS! Perfection.

Just a little awesome note I figure I'd share with you all.. Illamasqua tweeted me this week! They retweeted my post on Apocalips, and replied to me as well! If you are not already following me, my twitter name is @mazzyrazzberry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment