Sunday, January 29, 2012

Real Techniques: Powder, Foundation and Shader brushes

Before I start, I apologise for the lighting issues in this post. I had some trouble retaining the natural light long enough for my camera to focus and take the photo. So some photos may appear dark, which is a shame, but, never mind! Here are the SAMANTHA CHAPMAN BRUSHES, ahhhhh!

For those of you who watch Pixiwoo as religiously, you will have seen both Sam and Nic whip out Real Techniques brushes before. These line of brushes were made by Sam herself, and are made entirely of synthetic hair, so these brushes are completely vegan.



Foundation Brush

IT'S ANGLED! Sam created an angled foundation brush for more ease of access. It is easier to fit this brush into all the little corners and spaces of the face, such as underneath the eye. It is smaller than I would have suspected, but after using it, it actually makes sense to have a smaller foundation brush. This is seriously soft that it glides across the skin. Sold for AU$14.


Read more brushes!






Powder brush

The brush is fairly large in size, it fits into the palm of my hand. It's incredibly soft, not as light as a normal fibre optic brush, but nowhere near as dense as a kabuki brush. It's just an all over powder brush, and for it's purpose, it works perfectly. Sold for AU$17.




and Shader brush



Now this brush is super small eye shader brush. I have used this is pat on colour and it is also good for precise highlighting (the inner corners of the eye, brow bone and middle of the lid). I especially love how all these brushes come with white tips so you can see how much product is on the brush, the colours (so you don't accidentally end up mixing something like green with a red..been there.) and when it needs to be cleaned. Sold for AU$12.


2 comments:

  1. I adore Pixiwoo sisters! They are my guru! And I am hope that someday I will buy their brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are seriously perfect at what they do! i was super lucky to get my hands on them!!

    ReplyDelete