Sunday, January 8, 2012

Face Off: Special FX Makeup Show

I've started watching a new show on Foxtel a couple of months back called Face Off. Since then, I have been completely addicted to it, resulting in me running home from the bus stop every Sunday so I'm in time for it. It's a competition show for theratrical make-up artists with weekly challenges. The main challenge being the 'foundation challenge' in which they are required to transform a model to fit the challenge and impress the judges. The judges being Ve Neill (Ed Wood, Beetlejuice), Glenn Hetrick (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Babylon 5) and Patrick Tatopoulos (I Am Lengend, Resident Evil: Extinction, Underworld). Pretty damn hard to please and intimidating, but I think they all took it real well.  Some of the concepts the contestants came up with were extraordinary and unique, I've never seen anything like it!

The series has sadly finished but here is a preview of the next series!

No comments:

Post a Comment